up to 5 | 1
Invermay is a two bedroom cottage in the peaceful Country Town of Blackwood, 15 minutes shy of Trentham and 1 hr from Melbourne CBD.
A two bedroom cottage in the peaceful Country Town of Blackwood, 15 minutes shy of Trentham and 1 hr from Melbourne CBD, perfect for a Family getaway.
2 bedrooms, sleeps 5+, bush setting, privacy, wood fire,
Invermay is a cute, little two-bedroom home nestled in bush right in the heart of Blackwood, in regional Victoria. Blackwood is a country village 15 minutes from Trentham and an hour’s drive from Melbourne’s CBD. If you want to leave the city bustle behind and head for some country living even for just a few days, this is a great spot and the best part of all – it won’t break the bank. Invermay is cosy, unpretentious, homely and a perfect spot for the family’s short break. Bring the kids, the dog, bring Grandma and bunk into the cottage, where its rustic charm can be enjoyed in spring, summer, autumn and winter.
The first bedroom has a queen bed; the second has a double and a single bunk. Other portable bedding can be made available (upon request) and the owners are happy for a handful of extra family members or friends to bring a couple of tents to pitch on the lawn or a caravan can park in the drive. You will need to advise our booking office the exact number of guests expected and we will offer some guidelines on using the property (e.g. you will need to respect that tank water is not unlimited).
The bathroom has a shower over the bath, vanity and toilet. The Ned Kelly wood fire provides heating and the split system is for heating and cooling. The BBQ and pizza oven are great resources for outdoor cooking and there is also a full kitchen (including microwave).
The living area has a flat-screen TV, DVD, video player and a retro record player so you can bring your vinyl! The garden is fully fenced, with a basketball hoop and plenty of areas for the kids and pets to play, 4 bikes are available for use on the property but guests will have to supply their own helmets.
Unique Features and Appointments
- 2 bedrooms (Q, D + single bunk bed)
- Tents and a caravan are allowed at the property too – please discuss with our booking office
- Rollaway beds available upon request
- Full kitchen with gas stove and microwave
- Shower over bath toilet in the bathroom
- Split system and wood fire
- Flat screen TV, DVD, video player and record player
- BBQ, dining area on the deck and outdoor pizza oven
- Bush setting, private garden, rustic appeal
- Basketball hoop
- Washing machine available for long stays
- No Wi-Fi
- Pet-friendly upon request property has pet beds and semi-secure fencing ($35 pet fee – per pet, per stay)
- 4 bikes are available for use on the property but guests will have to supply their own helmets
Blackwood has a famous local pub where you can eat too and for those who have an interest in gardening, you must visit The Garden of St Erth, which is very close by. They have a café too which serves fabulous garden-fresh dishes. Join the Diggers Club while you are there and take home some plants. Trentham is just a 15-minute drive and is a gorgeous example of a Victorian country town and there are many wineries in the area. Or you can just stay put and enjoy your peaceful surroundings.
Minimum stay booking requirements
- TWO nights minimum weekends
- Three nights minimum long weekends
- One night mid-week stays available, additional cleaning costs (within 7 days of arrival)
We have provided complimentary wood for your stay. As this is not the only form of heating in your property, join us in preserving the environment and burn responsibly.
Need more supplies? Call our team on 5348 1448 and we can deliver a wood pack (includes wood, kindling, paper, matches and firelighters) for $45
- Greendale pub
- Blackwood pub (within walking distance)
- Trentham falls
- Trentham 15 minutes away
If you like Invermay, you might also like...
Website Full House, 7 nights
Holidays and peak periods may have extended minimum stays/higher tariffs. Please call our office for enquiries related to one night bookings.