up to 5 | 1
Rustic, affordable, sleeps 5, 1Q 1D + single bunk, bush views, lockup shed for bikes, pets ok
Invermay is a comfortable rustic little two-bedroom cottage all on one level, nestled in the bush and right in the heart of Blackwood Victoria. An affordable no frills stay, Invermay is a great choice for up to five guests. The two bedrooms are perfect for a family or singles who don’t mind sharing (one queen bedroom and the second bedroom has a double bottom bunk and a single top bunk). For the kids there are heaps of toys too. If you want to hire portable bedding, ask our office and this can be organised.
The bathroom has a shower over the bath, vanity and toilet. The Ned Kelly wood fire provides heating and the split system is for heating and cooling. The BBQ and pizza oven are great for outdoor cooking and there is a full kitchen with plenty of utensils and kitchenware (including microwave). Your well behaved pet is welcome; there’s even a dog bed and bowl but we always recommend you bring your own pet items including a towel.
The living area has a flat-screen TV, DVD, video player and a retro record player so you can bring your vinyl! The garden is rambling, it isn’t flat but it is fully fenced and there is a basketball hoop and plenty of play areas for the kids. The owner has set up the single garage specially for bike enthusiasts to use, so bring your dirt bikes or mountain bikes and utilise the space to clean or work on your machinery before and after trail riding through the tracks close the property.
- 2 bedrooms (1Q, 1D + single bunk bed above)
- 1 bathroom (shower over bath)
- Full kitchen
- Split system and wood fire
- Flat screen TV, DVD, video player and record player (bring your vinyl)
- BBQ, dining area on the deck and outdoor pizza oven
- Bush setting and private, fenced garden
- Basketball hoop
- Washing machine available for long stays
- No WIFI
- Pet-friendly upon request; semi-secure fencing ($35 pet fee – per pet, per stay)
- 4 bikes are available for use on the property but guests will have to supply their own helmets
- Tents and a caravan are allowed at the property – please discuss with our booking office
- Rollaway beds available upon request
The owners are happy for a handful of extra family members or friends to bring a couple of tents to pitch on the lawn or a caravan can park in the drive. You will need to advise our booking office the exact number of guests expected and we will offer some guidelines on using the property (e.g. you will need to respect that tank water is not unlimited). NB There are a couple of internal steps but no stairs.
- Blackwood pub (within walking distance)
- Trentham – 15 mins drive
- St Erth – a few minutes drive (for gardening enthusiasts)
If you like Invermay, you might also like...
2 nights, weekend
3 nights, mid-week
Website Full House, 7 nights
Holidays and peak periods may have extended minimum stays/higher tariffs. Please call our office for enquiries related to one night bookings.