2 - 6 | 1
Affordable, central, 2Q & 1D, sleeps 6, new kitchen, 1 bathroom, deck, big garden, pets ok
Houlet is an excellent, affordable base right in the heart of Daylesford and ideally suited for a group of 3 couples, singles who don’t mind sharing a bed or a family – plus your well-behaved pet is welcome. Houlet, located in Millar Street Daylesford, is within walking distance to most of what Daylesford has to offer including the shops, the supermarket, restaurants and galleries. A little farther and you could also reach the Mill Market or Lake Daylesford, both of which offer refreshments.
The property uniquely combines the modern features of a gorgeous brand new kitchen, bathroom and large deck overlooking the garden, with a fifties period style living room and bedrooms. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a split system, with ranch sliders opening onto a deck and views over the huge garden. Watch the children play safely below and enjoy a BBQ meal on the ample deck that gets late morning and full afternoon sun till dusk. The modern bathroom has a shower and vanity and separate toilet.
The living room has large comfy chairs, TV, books, games and a gas fire so winter evenings can be spent altogether cosy and warm. This room is well away from the hub of the kitchen and outdoor area, and also offers guests a quiet time to read a book. The 3 bedrooms are ideal for couples – but if some of your group don’t want to share a bed, ask our office about hiring a rollout bed or for small children we have port-a-cots and high chairs for hire. Each bedroom has a wardrobe and heater.
- 3 bedrooms (2Q, 1D standard beds)
- 1 bathroom (shower, vanity, separate toilet)
- Full kitchen
- Dining area in the kitchen (table for 6)
- Large deck and large back garden (bring balls and frisbees)
- Split system in kitchen, gas fire, heaters in the bedrooms
- Gas BBQ and seating for 6 on the deck
- Off street parking for several cars
- Walk into Daylesford, very close
- No 1 night stays
- Pet-friendly upon request, property not fenced ($35 pet fee – per pet, per stay)
- Elderly friendly (ramp up the side of the house)
- No WIFI
There is plenty of off-street parking down the side of the house and around the back. And there is a ramp up to the house at the back, which is ideal for either a wheelchair or those not able to take steps easily. There is just one step in the house but the rest of the house is flat. NB: there are no other elderly or disabled facilities.
- Walk to town – 2 minutes
- Walk to Mill Markets – 7 minutes
- Churches, Funeral Director and supermarket all very close
If you like Houlet, you might also like...
3 nights, mid-week
3 nights, weekend
Holidays and peak periods may have extended minimum stays/higher tariffs. Please call our office for enquiries related to one night bookings.