2 - 6 | 1
Affordable base right in the heart of Daylesford and your well-behaved pet is welcome...
Houlet House is an excellent, affordable base right in the heart of Daylesford and ideally suited for a group of 3 couples, singles who don’t mind sharing a bed or a family – plus your well-behaved pet is welcome. Houlet, located in Millar Street Daylesford, is within walking distance to most of what Daylesford has to offer including the shops, the supermarket, restaurants and galleries. A little farther and you could also reach the Mill Market or Lake Daylesford, both of which offer refreshments.
The property uniquely combines the modern features of a gorgeous brand new kitchen, bathroom and large deck overlooking the garden, with a fifties period style living room and bedrooms. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a split system, with ranch sliders opening onto a deck and views over the huge garden. Watch the children play safely below and enjoy a BBQ meal on the ample deck that gets late morning and full afternoon sun till dusk. The modern bathroom has a shower and vanity and separate toilet.
The living room has large comfy chairs, TV, books, games and a gas fire so winter evenings can be spent altogether cosy and warm. This room is well away from the hub of the kitchen and outdoor area, and also offers guests a quiet time to read a book or have a snooze. The three queen bedrooms are ideal for couples – but if some of your group don’t want to share a bed, ask our office about hiring a rollout bed or for small children we have port-a-cots. Each bedroom has a wardrobe and heater.
There is plenty of off-street parking down the side of the house and around the back. And there is a ramp up to the house at the back, which is ideal for either a wheelchair or those not able to take steps easily. There is just one step in the house but the rest of the house is flat.
Your well-behaved pet is welcome and is allowed inside, however, not on the furniture including the beds. Please note this property is not fully fenced and it is your responsibility to look after your pet at all times.
Unique Features and Appointments
- 3 bedrooms (2Q, 1D standard beds)
- 1 bathroom (shower, vanity, separate toilet)
- Full kitchen
- Dining area in the kitchen (table for 6)
- Large deck and large back garden (bring balls and frisbees)
- Split system in kitchen, gas fire, heaters in the bedrooms
- Gas BBQ and seating for 6 on the deck
- Off street parking for several cars
- Walk into Daylesford, very close
- No 1 night stays
- Pet-friendly upon request (property not fenced) ($35 pet fee – per pet, per stay)
- Elderly friendly (ramp up the side of the house)
Minimum stay booking requirements
- TWO nights minimum weekends
- Three nights minimum long weekends
- One night mid-week stays available, additional cleaning costs (within 7 days of arrival)
Sorry no 1 night stays over the weekend
If you like Houlet, you might also like...
3 nights, mid-week
3 nights, weekend
Holidays and peak periods may have extended minimum stays/higher tariffs. Please call our office for enquiries related to one night bookings.