2 | 1
Rural tranquility amidst majestic gums
Pet friendly stone, cedar and iron gem
Nestled on the edge of the Wombat State Forest and just 7 minutes from Daylesford, Gumnut Cottage beckons you. Set amongst majestic white gums, Gumnut Cottage is a pet-friendly, fully self-contained getaway for two. Built of stone, cedar and iron, Gumnut Cottage offers a loft bedroom with Queen bed, open plan living/dining/kitchen and spacious deck with views of Kangaroo Creek. With all the modern amenities you’d expect in Daylesford, including free WiFi, reverse cycle air conditioning, barbecue and full kitchen, Gumnut Cottage is full of character and charm. Native wildlife abounds on this six and a half acre property, attracted to the peace and tranquillity of the surrounds. Take a wander and say hello to the resident miniature pony and the goats. Or, find a spot by the creek to enjoy your favourite bottle of wine. If you are yearning for a taste of the good life, Gumnut Cottage welcomes you.
Please note that Gumnut Cottage shares a driveway with the Owner’s residence but is a separate and fully self-contained cottage.
Unique Features and Appointments
- Loft bedroom (queen)
- Fully equipped kitchen (no dishwasher)
- Tea and coffee making facilities and tea, coffee and milk supplied
- Bathroom with walk-in shower
- Ned Kelly wood fire
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Open plan kitchen/living/dining
- Flat screen TV and DVD
- Selection of DVDs
- Free WiFi
- Gas barbecue
- Undercover off street parking
- Iron and ironing board
- Precious pets welcome
- Adults only
Minimum stay booking requirements
- TWO nights minimum weekends
- Three nights minimum long weekends
- One night mid-week stays available, additional cleaning costs (within 7 days of arrival)
- Approximate distance to The Farmers Arms Hotel – 6 kilometres
Village & Surrounds
If you like Gumnut Cottage, you might also like...
Holidays and peak periods may have extended minimum stays/higher tariffs. Please call our office for enquiries related to one night bookings.