6 | 1
Period villa, 2Q& & twin single, antiques, fire, in town, iron beds, BBQ, clawfoot bath, 2 toilets
Glendale is a very popular 3 bedroom Victorian style villa, roomy and spacious offering accommodation for up to 6 guests in 3 bedrooms (2 queen beds and a twin room). A big drawcard for guests who stay in Glendale is the proximity to Daylesford’s cafes and shops. Simply cross the road, and you can be ordering coffee, selecting a gift or trying the local wines.
With an eclectic range of antiques, period furnishings and decor, Glendale sweeps you into yesteryear and a bygone era. You literally feel like you are stepping back in time when you walk through the front door. The old-fashioned theme, cast iron beds, pictures and bric-a-brac from top to toe ensures, for just a short stay, you really feel you are living in the past tense.
The farmhouse kitchen is fully equipped and leads to a separate dining room (with seating for 6) and the lounge has an open wood fire, which is so cosy and welcoming when it’s roaring up the chimney. There is also central heating which helps warm the house in winter; the bathroom has a separate shower and claw-foot bath and there are 2 toilets. A laundry is available for longer stays.
- 2Q cast iron beds and 1 twin room (sleeps 6 in 3 rooms)
- 1 bathroom (shower, claw foot bath, 1 toilet) plus a separate toilet
- Living room with open wood fire
- Separate dining room with French doors to a deck and BBQ
- Full kitchen
- Central heating and wood fire (no split system)
- Gas BBQ
- Period furnishings and bric-a-brac
- Cottage garden
- Off street parking for 3 cars (one behind the other)
- Children welcome
- Sorry no pets
- No WIFI
If you want your friends close by, check out a similar property just opposite and a few houses down called The Raglan (also sleeps 6). This sister property resembles Glendale in bed configuration, décor and feel and the 2 properties together can accommodate up to 12 people, so a fantastic option for a large group of friends or two families who want to be close.
- Sunday market is a short walk up the street
- Farmers Arms – 2 min drive
- 5 minutes by car to Mill Market
- Restaurants and cafes outside the door
If you like Glendale, you might also like...
3 nights, mid-week
3 nights, weekend
Holidays and peak periods may have extended minimum stays/higher tariffs. Please call our office for enquiries related to one night bookings.