2 - 4 | 2
Transported on a boat, in the mid 1800’s, an old English, 2 bedroom (+ sunroom) cottage with a wonderful history to tell..
Clifden Lodge is an old English, 2 bedroom (+ sunroom) cottage with a wonderful history to tell. Transported on a boat, in the mid 1800’s, Clifden Lodge was rebuilt in Australia and now sits nestled in a mature Hepburn Springs cottage garden where stone pathways and tiny steps meander around the house. Old world charm, a tiny staircase to attic bedrooms, an old piano and a country kitchen combined with trendy bathroom décor (shower, bath and separate toilet) and a modern laundry offer guests an interesting and unique stay.
Upstairs there is a queen standard bedroom and a twin single room. The bathroom is downstairs at the other end of the house. There is an open wood fire and central heating. The sunroom (which can sleep another 2 people – you would need to bring your own bed linen) looks over Doctor’s Gully and bush. Your pet is welcome but Clifden is not fenced. Not wheelchair friendly.
Minimum stay booking requirements
- TWO nights minimum weekends
- Three nights minimum long weekends
- One night mid-week stays available, additional cleaning costs (within 7 days of arrival)
Unique Features and Appointments:
- 1 queen bedroom (standard bed)
- 1 twin bedroom
- 1 bathroom (bath, shower, separate toilet)
- Living room with open wood fire leads to the sunroom
- The dining/full kitchen has a country cottage feel
- Central heating (no air-con)
- Gas BBQ
- Cottage garden, winding paths and steep at the back
- Street parking for 1 car
- Children welcome
- Pet-friendly but the property is unfenced
- No WIFI
Needing to sleep 8 in total, why not book Kauhi as well, which is right next door. Kauhi is a self-contained tiny cottage, with a double bedroom, en-suite, kitchenette and cosy living area.
- Hepburn shops
- Hepburn Bathhouse
- Lots of spa and massage options
- 3 minutes drive to Daylesford
If you like Clifden Lodge, you might also like...
Holidays and peak periods may have extended minimum stays/higher tariffs. Please call our office for enquiries related to one night bookings.